I am so excited, Singapore Airlines currently has an awesome promotion currently running. And, I am headed to Sydney again, this time with my aunt. Thanks aunty!
I’m impressed by the easily available vegan options and choices in Sydney during my last visit last year.
Soon, I’m going to make my way to Sydney again on 5th July for 12 days. I’ll be acting as a tour guide for my aunt, who has decided to opt for in-flight vegan meals with me too! Yayy, I’m so happy!!
During the 12 days I will be in Sydney, I will be spending about 1 week in the Blue Mountains. Activities I will be doing include Bushwalking, visiting the Jenolan Caves (maybe consider doing Plug Hole Adventure Caving), Three Sisters, Scenic World, and abseiling if possible! Not to forget stuffing myself with the most delicious vegan food only available in the Blue Mountains. More about that below. The list goes on..!
And while in Sydney, Bondi Beach, Gap Bluff, Manly Beach, sunset at Mrs Macquarie’s chair, Sydney Opera House… just to name some of them.
Currently, I have some places I would definitely be visiting:
1. Rubyfruit - Leura (Amanda & Simone! Love them loads, not forgetting the unbelievably delicious tasting cheesecakes and hot meals available.)
2. Mountain High Pies - Wentworth Falls (Vegan options available.)
3. Cafe Memento – Blackheath (Was closed when I visited last time!)
1. Funky Pies - Bondi (The bestest ever all vegan pies!!!!)
2. Iku Wholefood (Healthy and delicious quick-to-go vegan meals!! All wholesome and nutritious food, with gluten-free options available.)
3. Mother Chu’s Vegetarian Kitchen (Long history! Introduced by my mum who was in Sydney many many years ago, this place is still going strong, and gets really packed! Mother Chu takes part in the running of the restaurant, I’ve seen and spoken to her during dining hours, an amazing lady.)
4. Green Gourmet – Newtown (Chinese Buffet option available, but highly recommended is the Vegan’s Choice next door. They serve all sorts of desserts, and even tofu ice cream that is very light and not tofu-y at all. I tried Rose+Choc flavor, it was yummy!)
5. Coles (I am going to get all sorts of vegan goodies such as Sweet Williams Chocolate back to Singapore! Heehee.)
For Health and Wellness:
This is particularly memorable. During my last visit last year, my best vegan buddy, Liam, was going for Colon Irrigation at Colon Care Centre (Surry Hills). Initially, I was extremely turned off and did not want to try it at all. After my mum went for the colon irrigation, she was in good spirits and more energetic. As such after much hesitation (and recommendation from Liam), I decided to try it out. It was surprisingly good!!
The benefits of a colon irrigation as taken from their website:
What can Colon Hydrotherapy Aid in?
- Liver overload from alcohol or medications
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Back ache
- Headaches & lack of concentration
- Skin Disorders
- Bloating and flatulence
- Digestive problems
- Yeast / Candida overgrowth
1. Braintree Hemp – Newtown (Bought a bamboo long skirt + hemp long cardigan + unique scarf the last time when they were on sale. Mum also bought. I <3 them!)
This is my vegan friendly list of things-to-do and visit during my upcoming 12 days in Sydney.
If anyone would be so kind as to be able to provide me with more information on ethical vegan shopping, and places to go, please feel free to leave a comment below or drop me an email. Much appreciated!!